Virtual CMO can work with your company on multiple levels – by facilitating a strategic planning workshop, refreshing your website, managing your blog and social media channels or executing marketing campaigns to drive customer acquisition.
How we work together is up to you. Virtual CMO can operate as a full-time marketing resource while you are starting up or a part-time resource to complement existing staff.
It all depends on your starting point and your goals for the future. I recommend taking a brief inbound marketing assessment to provide a quick gap analysis and an effectiveness score for the current state of your digital marketing efforts.
The assessment follows my 4 Keys to Marketing Success (illustrated in the graphic) and our potential engagement can focus on one or more of these areas. My engagements are often conducted under the guidance of a Marketing MasterPlan that clearly outlines all relevant goals, strategies, actions, deliverables, owners and milestones using a continuously updated intranet site. Below are some examples of focused project work.
Align Marketing Messages
- Define the buyer personas for your key target market segments
- Analyze the marketing strategy of the top 5 competitors
- Create a formal, consensus-based value prop presentation
Build an Inbound Marketing Engine
- Write effective website copy that tells your story
- Optimize your website for traffic and conversion
- Author your blog and manage your social media presence
Create Compelling Web Content
- Define your content strategy and map to existing assets
- Fill content gaps based for buyers and buying stages
- Publish and measure the conversion rate for content offers
Drive New Customer Acquisition
- Define demand generation metrics and establish a baseline
- Produce and manage your inbound marketing campaigns
- Assess, report and optimize campaigns for maximum output